Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
229 Coldbrook Road Wittenberg, Bearsville
Added 323 more acres at the unheard of price of about $3,000/acre!! An architect's dream project includes half round house facing dramatic panorama of the northern Catskills from over 382 acres of wilderness. A majestic three story stone faced fireplace serves as the central pillar of the home. A three level winding maple staircase surrounds it to the third floor meditation nook overlooking the mountain with a private rooftop deck. This unique four bedroom four bath custom home is encased in cedar shake siding with three tiers of teak decks and balconies. With a comfortable open space lay out, the house is positioned to take advantage of seeing the panorama view of the high central Catskill Mountain range from Overlook around to Mount Tremper. The mountain and valley view is seen from the dining room and open gourmet kitchen which has custom cherry cabinets and granite counters with a central downdraft grill in the Viking four burner stove. Most of the floors throughout are maple pergo with terracotta in the kitchen and bathrooms. The basement includes a large shop area as well as a two car garage, laundry, and equipment that supports the solar electric panels and standby generator. The heating system is LPGas with hot water radiant in the wooden floors. There is abundant passive solar thru the landscape vista windows looking at the north face of Ticeteneyck Mountain. Though powered by the utility company, the house is designed to remain off-grid indefinitely with solar electric panels with deep cycle batteries, and a ten kiloWatt Kohler standby generator. The mountainside was proposed as a ski area in the 1970's. Other plans considered in the past have included a cellular tower location at the summit of Ticeteneyck to cover the central Catskills and mid-Hudson Valley, and for a large municipal wind energy project for the Municipality of Woodstock on the plateau along the top of the mountain. See the aerial video at this link: <https://bcove.video/2Mo7HjL>
- MLS® #20181342
- Full Baths3
- Square Footage3,752
- Year Built1998
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- StyleARTS AND CRAFTS, CONTEMPO, TWO STORY
- AmenitiesHOT TUB
- FeaturesCEILING-CATHEDRAL, CEILING-VAULTED, FRENCH DOORS, SECURITY SYSTEM
- Parking2-Car, DRIVEWAY, OFF STREET, UNDER
- # of Garages2
- GaragesDrive Under
- ViewMEADOW, MOUNTAIN, VALLEY, PANORAMIC
- Exterior FeaturesSTAND BY GENERATOR, BALCONY
- Lot DescriptionADDITIONAL LAND AVAILABLE, ADJACENT TO STATE LAND, CLIFFS, PRIVATE, ROCK OUTCROP, SECLUDED, SLOPE-MODERATE, SLOPE-STEEPLY, WOODED
- RoofFBRGL SHNGI, RUBBER
- Address229 Coldbrook Road Wittenberg
- CountyUlster County
- Zip Code12498
- Interior FeaturesINSULATED WINDOWS, WALK IN CLOSETS, SKYLIGHTS, 9 FT. CEILINGS, MASTER BATH, FRENCH DOORS, SLIDING GLASS DOORS
- AppliancesTANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER, DISHWASHER, DRYER, EXHAUST FAN, INDOOR GRILL, JENNAIRE TYPE, MICROWAVE, OVEN-BUILT IN, RANGE, RANGE HOOD, RANGE-BUILT IN, REFRIGERATOR, WASHER
- HeatingSTAND BY GENERATOR, ABV GROUND FUEL TANK, HOT WATER, RADIANT
- CoolingZONED, CEILING FAN, CENTRAL
- FireplacesFREE STANDING, STONE
- DistrictONTEORA CENTRAL
- Listing AgentSherret Chase
- Listing OfficeSelect Sotheby's Int Realty
Price Change History for 229 Coldbrook Road Wittenberg, Bearsville, NY (MLS® #20181342)
|Price Increased||$1,999,000||$1,000,000 (100.10%)|
|Price Reduced (from $1,500,000)||$999,000||$501,000 (33.40%)|
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.