Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
7159 State Route 28 Route Next To Allaben Portal, Shandaken
This prime location along side of the world famous trout river, the Esopus, would make a fine private home. Presently the building is used as a fine dining restaurant. There is an accessory apartment on the side. As for the restaurant business, the owner says, "We do not advertise and we are way too busy. Please take over this active business from us -- please." Customers enjoy dining along side of the Esopus Creek between Phoenicia and Big Indian with an outdoor deck under sun-brellas or sit down by the stream side at the picnic tables near the fire-pit (OK to use even during the "no-burn" season). Enjoy watching the bald eagles hang out on the island across the river and see the fly fishermen compete for the trout swimming by. This business has been a successful dining destination for a couple decades and is the only one that will ever be allowed next to the Esopus Creek (pre-existing in spite of NY City Watershed Rules). Conveniently located next to a busy state highway (about 3,000 AADT) many eyes pass by every day and especially on weekends and holidays. The Central Catskills draws many visitors for all four seasons and we are just nine miles east of Belleayre Ski Center and three miles west of the Village of Phoenicia. The central Catskills offer many outdoor recreation opportunities including fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, kayaking, etc. Nearby villages of Phoenicia, Margaretville, Woodstock offer many shopping venues and entertainment. We are less than two hours to NYC. Stop by for dinner specializing in freshwater and ocean seafood and the best red meats available, smoked or just expertly grilled for your pleasure. Normal busy weekend evenings will host 250-300 meals. The Restaurant seats about 50 indoors including the bar and about 40 can be seated on the outdoor deck or stream side. Presently we are open 6 days a week during summer and fall with breakfasts 4 days per week in addition to lunch and dinners. Winters are open 3 days per week. We take about two months off after the New Year holiday. We do our own smoked meats with our custom outdoor wood fired smoking oven and can do hot or cold smoking. For those willing to sit outdoors, we carry a wide variety of "Owner Selected" international cigars for sale from our custom humidor for outdoor enjoyment.
- MLS® #20192746
- Full Baths1
- Square Footage3,244
- Year Built1945
- Sub-TypeMixed Use
- StyleARTS AND CRAFTS, BARN
- AmenitiesPARK, PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION, BUS ROUTE, PLAY AREA
- FeaturesBAR-DRY, BAR-WET, CEILING-BEAMED, CEILING-CATHEDRAL, CEILING-VAULTED, HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE, SECURITY SYSTEM
- ParkingDRIVEWAY, LOT, OFF STREET
- ViewMOUNTAIN, VALLEY, WATER, RIVER
- Is WaterfrontYes
- Exterior FeaturesLANDSCAPED, STORM WINDOWS, OUTSIDE LIGHTING
- Lot DescriptionLEVEL, WATER FRONTAGE, FLOOD ZONE, ADJACENT TO STATE LAND, PARKING LOT
- ConstructionFRAME/STICK, STEEL
- Address7159 State Route 28 Route Next To Allaben Portal
- CountyUlster County
- Zip Code12480
- Interior FeaturesCARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR, WALK IN CLOSETS, 9 FT. CEILINGS
- AppliancesDISHWASHER, DRYER, RANGE, REFRIGERATOR, WASHER, EXHAUST FAN, INDOOR GRILL, MICROWAVE, OVEN-BUILT IN, OVEN-DOUBLE, RANGE HOOD, RANGE-BUILT IN
- HeatingBASEBOARD, CENTRAL, FORCED AIR, WOOD ASSIST
- CoolingCEILING FAN, WINDOW UNIT, WALL UNIT
- FireplacesWOOD, FREE STANDING
- DistrictONTEORA CENTRAL
- Listing AgentSherret Chase
- Listing OfficeSelect Sotheby's Int Realty
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2019 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.