Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
519/506 Silver Hollow Road Off Rt 214 Chichester, Woodstock
THE WORLD BEGINS at the end of this road. Unique gem at the beginning of a remote country road nested inside the surrounding 7,000 acre NY State "forever wild" forest. A hole in the donut amidst thousands of acres of primordial wilderness, these three houses are at a comfortable elevation of 1,300 feet and look out at a wide panorama of several mountains climbing in the distance. The wide lawns and field offer recreation and entertainment opportunities that have hosted hundreds of people to special events. Venue opportunities for Weddings, Conferences, Retreats, Parties, Family gatherings, your imagination? 300 acres of forested mountains are surrounded by the 3,500+- foot highlands of Tremper/Carl/Warner Mountains. The wilderness has few access points so is relatively untouched for hunting, fishing, and hiking with abundant flora and fauna. The property rises from the three homes at 1,300 feet elevation to 1,800 feet and beyond to 3,845 feet. There are three homes, the estate's Manor House, a Ski Chalet above the three garage bays, and a Summer Cottage. A trout stream Warner Creek, runs a mile through the property with deep pools in the "Red Rocks" and gravel banks, and is fed six miles away from the slopes of Plateau Mt at 3,845 feet. A Manor House with about 2,468 sqft, four bedrooms and 3-1/2 bathrooms is extensively renovated in 2007 (thus the effective age of 11-20 years in the data sheet) with modern conveniences, accessories, insulation, siding, roof, reinforced structure, and modern electric system with standby generator. A flagstone patio surrounds two sides of the house. A wooden deck overlooks the swimming pool from the Pergola shelter next to the California Cedar deep hot tub. Next door is the Ski Chalet, with about about 1,800 sqft of living space, can easily sleep a dozen under the 12' high cathedral ceiling with a vast window wall opening to a deck to look out at the wide panorama. There is a sleeping loft, one private bedroom, a common full bathroom with an unusual shower/steam room that can seat several beneath seven shower/steam heads. Heated and air conditioned, this four season home is ideal for large groups and entertaining in the central great room. There is a loft above with circular stairway up and another circular stairway down from the great room to the four car three bay garage. The entry mudroom has large storage for skis and clothing. Behind along the edge of the forest is the Summer Cottage with about 786 sq ft, is a convenient three bedroom, one bath getaway located along the edge of the forest and looks out at the swimming pool and tennis court. The inground heated gunite swimming pool is 32'x22' with a diving board. Behind is the fenced macadam doubles tennis court. Appliances in the Manor House include Viking 6 burner gas stove/convection oven, Samsung refrigerator/freezer, Miele dishwashers, Broan compactor, Buderus boiler. Appliances in the Ski Chalet include Whirlpool stove/oven, Broan hood, KitchenAid dishwasher, Kenmore refrigerator/freezer, and split AC units.
- MLS® #20200319
- Full Baths5
- Half Baths1
- Square Footage5,061
- Year Built1875
- Sub-TypeSingle Family
- StyleESTATE, BUNGALOW, CHALET, COLONIAL, TWO STORY
- AmenitiesPLAYGROUND, GATED COMMUNITY, CLUB HOUSE, COMMON LAUNDRY, COMMON POOL, GARDEN AREA, PLAY AREA, POOL-IN GROUND, REC ROOM, TENNIS COURT
- Parking3-Car, SECURED, LOT, OFF STREET, UNDER
- # of Garages4
- GaragesDrive Under
- ViewMEADOW, MOUNTAIN, VALLEY, WATER, PANORAMIC
- Exterior FeaturesSTAND BY GENERATOR, BALCONY, INGROUND POOL, LANDSCAPED, OUTSIDE LIGHTING, TENNIS COURT, GAS/PROPANE GRILL
- Lot DescriptionNO OUTLET STREET, WATER FRONTAGE, ADJACENT TO STATE LAND, LANDSCAPED, MEADOW, POND, PRIVATE, SECLUDED, SLOPE-MODERATE, SUB DIVIDABLE, WOODED
- RoofASPH SHINGLE
- Address519/506 Silver Hollow Road Off Rt 214 Chichester
- CountyUlster County
- Zip Code12416
- Interior FeaturesSTORM WINDOWS, WALK IN CLOSETS, MASTER BATH, SLIDING GLASS DOORS, GAS STOVE CONNECTION, WASHER CONNECTION, GAS DRYER CONNECTION, GARAGE DOOR OPENER, SMOKE DETECTOR
- AppliancesTANKLESS HOT WATER HEATER, DISHWASHER, DRYER, EXHAUST FAN, MICROWAVE, OVEN-BUILT IN, RANGE, RANGE HOOD, RANGE-BUILT IN, REFRIGERATOR, TRASH COMPACTOR, WASHER
- HeatingRADIATORS, STAND BY GENERATOR, ZONED, BASEBOARD, HOT WATER
- CoolingCEILING FAN, WALL UNIT, WHOLE HOUSE FAN, WINDOW UNIT
- FireplacesWOOD, STONE
- DistrictONTEORA CENTRAL
- Listing AgentSherret Chase
- Listing OfficeSelect Sotheby's Int Realty
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the IDX of the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Coldwell Banker Village Green Realty are marked with IDX logo and the detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker.
Copyright © 2020 by the Multiple Listing Service of Ulster County, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.